CRC (OPT) - Colombia - May-June 2010
| View as PDF | Download as Microsoft Word file |
Information is as of November 2012.
This section includes each of the following kinds of state-specific dialogue or conclusions which have been recorded from the commencement of the treaty system:
- In the early years of the treaty system, state reports were discussed by the treaty bodies in the presence of state representatives and a summary of the dialogue was included in the annual reports of the treaty bodies. Formal conclusions about the reports were not made by the treaty bodies.
- Later in time, some treaty bodies recorded in their annual reports specific comments on the state reports made by individual treaty body members.
- Ultimately, all the treaty bodies all adopted the practice of adopting concluding observations or comments on each state report considered.
Also included are:
- Instances when a treaty body considers additional information, or a special report, and adopts concluding observations
- Instances when CERD adopts concluding observations in the context of its urgent action procedure
- Instances when CCPR, CERD and CESCR adopt conclusions following the consideration of a state where no report has been submitted.
- Instances when the CRC adopts concluding observations for reports submitted under the CRC Optional Protocols.